Posted April 29, 2013
We are excited to announce the release of our first newsletter! The Rotaract Club of Calgary has experienced exceptional growth over the course of the previous year, expanding from a membership of 4 at the beginning of last year to over 30 at present. Some of the highlights of the past year have included:
- We doubled our contribution to the Peter Lougheed Paediatric Unit compared to 2011, providing them with a $3500 cheque, as well as almost $250 worth of toys and craft supplies. Our total donations, for the last five years, tipped over the $20,000 mark.
- Partnership with the University of Lethbridge Rotaract to deliver social media education sessions to over 60 Rotarians in the Calgary, Medicine Hat, Red Deer, and Lethbridge areas.
- Donated 3000 pounds of food.
- 1100 volunteer hours for 2011-2012.
More recently, our accomplishments have included:
- The formation of Committees and appointment of Committee Chairs.
- The return of fellowship events, which occur in the meeting off-weeks and are a fantastic way for new comers and existing members to get-to-know others in the club in a more informal setting.
- Served breakfast at the Calgary Drop-In Centre.
- Provided support to the Rotary Club of Crowchild Urban Spirits at their annual fun-money casino fundraiser.
- Helped facilitate the "Night to Flourish" dinner for the Huntington's Society and the Rotaract Club of Calgary.